Louisiana Tech Tri Delta will be hosting their second annual Delta House of Pancakes (DHOP) event this Saturday at the Ruston Farmer’s Market! All proceeds will go to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Tickets for all-you-can-eat pancakes are $7 on the day of the event!
Why Buy Local?
- The food is delicious.
- Spending your money where you live keeps your community thriving.
- North Louisiana is particularly blessed with a booming community of small farms and food producers.
- Locally-grown food obviously does not cause as much pollution due to less travel time.
- Keeping family farms alive keeps rural landscape alive, supporting less sprawl.
- As a tourist looking for local flavor, it makes your visit more authentic. Folks don't travel to Italy looking for a good burrito. If you come to Ruston, taste what we grow.
And if all of this is not reason enough, think of the health and safety of you and your family. Small, local farms are less likely to use hormones and more likely to raise grass fed or free-range animals and organically or naturally grown vegetables.
If you know your farmer, you know where to ask questions; the shorter the route from the farm to your table (at home or in a restaurant), the more knowledge you have at hand and the more flavor you have on your plate.
Support the Ruston Farmers Market
In order to do what we do, the Market needs continuous support from the community. Please consider making a contribution. The market is run by North Louisiana Farm Fresh (NLFF), a 501c3 organization. All contributions are tax deductible. See our "Support" page for more information.
North Louisiana Farm Fresh
North Louisiana Farm Fresh (NLFF) is the 501(c)3 non-profit umbrella for the Ruston Farmers Market. All donations to NLFF and the market are tax deductible. For more information, visit our NLFF page, read about what we do, and help us make North Louisiana a great place to live and shop.