Blueberry Breakfast Crumble
Demonstrated on June 9, 2018
by: Valerie Costanza, Simply Nutrition
Enjoy dessert for breakfast with this healthy blueberry breakfast crumble made without grains, butter, oil or sugar whatsoever, yet tastes SO decadent! This quick and easy recipe is also naturally gluten free, vegan, dairy free, grain free and paleo friendly!
•4 cups frozen blueberries, thawed (can use fresh)
•1 T lemon juice
•1/2 cup almond flour
•1/4 cup coconut flour
•1-2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used a monk fruit stevia blend)*(optional)
•1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (optional)
•1/4 cup cashew butter (can sub for any nut butter)
•1-2 T pure maple syrup (can sub for agave or honey, if not a strict vegan)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a small baking dish with cooking spray/oil/butter and set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl, coat the blueberries with lemon juice, mix well then transfer to the baking dish and spread out evenly.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, optional granulated sweetener of choice, optional protein powder and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Melt your nut butter with your maple syrup and add to the dry mixture. Stir until a crumbly texture remains.
5. Cover the blueberries with the 'crumble' mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown.
6. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan before serving or allow to cool completely before refrigerating.
These recipes are demonstrated at the RFM on Saturday Mornings by local chefs, nutritionists, & dietetics student interns.